Awakening of the New Legacy
The 2nd Annual Hmong Youth Development Conference is open to all students from middle school on up. The three day event will focus on celebrating Hmong culture and history, leadership development and college access.
- Date: April 29 through May 1, 2011
- Venue: North High School, 2416 East 11th Avenue, North St. Paul, MN 55109
The Magic Bus to Asian Folktales
Watch as traditional folktales are transformed in an imaginative by way of a school bus driver with a magic satchel.
- Date: April 29 through May 22, 2011
- Venue: SteppingStone Theater, 55 Victoria Street North, St. Paul 55104
- Where: Minnesota Humanities Center, 987 Ivy Ave E, St. Paul
- When: Wednesday, April 13th, 5:30-7:30pm
- *Free Admission, Registration required*
- Where: Marriott City Center, 30 S 7th St, Minneapolis
- When: Friday, April 22nd – Sunday April 24th
- Where: St. Anthony Main Theatre
- When: April 14th – May 5th
Everyone is invited to attend a fundraiser for the Tohoku (Northeast Japan) earthquake, tsunami and ongoing nuclear disaster featuring music, martial arts and spoken word. All proceeds will go to the Red Cross Japan fund. $10 general public and $5 students. There will also be a silent auction.
- Time: Friday, April 15 · 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Location: Central do Brasil, 740 E. Lake St., Minneapolis, MN
- $10 general, $5 student
- Performances by PosNosSys Hip Hop, Christof Spoken Word, Sishir Chang Music, Taiko Drums, U of MN Judo , U of MN Karate Club , Afro Brazilian Capoeira Association ,Minnesota Mantis Kung-fu Association
View flier at http://www.c3homedesign.com/sishir/GambareNipponFlier.pdf, For more info, contact Sishir Chang at email@example.com
Stories Near and Far
Author Talk & Book Signing with Nguyen Ngoc Bao
Nguyen and his family escaped the Communist regime of Vietnam in 1975 and relocated to Houston, Texas. His book of short essays, journal entries and editorials “Chuyen Xa Gan” (“Stories Near and Far”) is described as “substantive research” on both classis and contemporary Vietnamese literature.
- Date: April 16, 2011
- Time: 6:00 – 10:00 pm
- Venue: Mai Village (394 University Avenue, St. Paul)
Songkran “Thai” New Year
Celebrate the Thai New Year with traditional Thai food, dance and performances, and the annual Mr. and Mrs. Songkran Thai costume contest. Start your morning off with chant sessions at 10am followed by a day of fun family activities.
- Date: Sunday, April 17, 2011
- Time: starting at 10:00 am with activities throughout the day
- Venue: Wat Thai, 10863 208th Ave., MW, Elk River, MN 55330
- Where: Mall of America
- When: Saturday and Sunday, April 16th & 17th, 11am-5pm
- Free Admission
St. Catherine University MLIS Program Storytelling Festival
The stories at the festival will feature a mix of stories for different audiences, from different genres, and from different parts of the world and will be performed by students.
- Date: Monday, April 18, 2011
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Venue: St. Catherine University, Music Building Recital Hall