Make sure you sign up for our e-newsletter or you’ll miss out on updates like the ones below. Click here to Sign up for our free newsletter!
National Association of Asian MBAs (NAAMBA) Twin Cities Launch! Network with business professionals from across industries and enter to win one of two NAAMBA memberships. Must be present to win.
- Tues. May 10th, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Where: United Health Group South Building
- 9701 Data Park Dr. Minnetonka, MN 55343
5:30 – 6:00pm Check-In and Networking
6:00 – 6:30pm Remarks by:
- Susan Morisato, President, Insurance Solutions, UHC Medicare & Retirement
- Julayne Lee, NAAMBA Twin Cities Regional President
- Jino Ahn, Founder & President, National Association of Asian MBAs
6:30 – 7:30pm Networking
You don’t need a MBA to attend, NAAMBA is open to all those interested in advancing and empowering Pan-Asian professionals. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Basics of Law Workshop with Loddy Elizabeth Tolzmann
Hosted by Lao Assistance Center, 503 Irving Ave N. Suite #100, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Thursday May 12, 2011
- Workshop: 12:00pm-1:00pm
- One-on-One Consultation: 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Lunch will be provided
Loddy is a Lao-American attorney who will be presenting on the basics of law and to help the community understand how to seek appropriate legal advice. These key topics will be discussed:
- How do I know if I need a Lawyer? Should I hire one or do this on my own?
- How do I find the right lawyer? What questions should I ask?
- What are my rights in a lawyer-client relationship?
- What does my lawyer expect from me?
- How do I pay for a lawyer? What are the different types of fee agreements? What if I cannot afford a lawyer?
- What are the different types of law that are commonly addressed in the Twin Cities area?
- What community, legal, and state resources are available to me?
- If I have a private dispute with a neighbor, friend, or family member – what should I do?
- How does the American legal system work?
If interested in attending, please RSVP with Chanida at email@example.com. Hope to see you there!
Lao Assistance Center has 2 full time openings, view the links below for more info.
Dalai Lama visits MN and gives talk at UMN
To view videos and pictures of the Dalai Lama’s visit, visit:http://www.startribune.com/local/121467094.html
Donations needed to help refugee families
Each year, Vietnamese Social Services of Minnesota (VSS) provides resettlement and social services to hundreds of Karen refugee families.
VSS would like to seek tax deductible donations of usable furniture for distribution to our Karen families with urgent need for household furniture – beds, mattresses, chairs, tables, couches, chests of drawers, etc.
VSS staff would be happy to pick up and deliver the items.To make a donation, or for additional information, please contact Nay Htoo, Karen Support Program Manager, at 651-789-0168, or firstname.lastname@example.org.