White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific IslandersWhat: WHIAAPI Bullying Prevention Summit When: Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:45 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Where: New York City, New York
Bullying affects too many of our Asian American and Pacific Islander students. The White House Initiative on AAPI’s Bullying Prevention Summit seeks to highlight the unique impact, prevalence and severity of bullying and harassment experienced by young AAPIs.
Join us at the WHIAAPI Bullying Prevention Summit to share your stories, experiences and strategies to combat bullying and harassment. Learn what the Administration is doing to address bullying and harassment and promote safe school environments. Find out how to access national and local programs to assist in bullying prevention, and obtain resources if you are a parent, student, teacher, administrator, or advocate. Panels include:
- Stories from the AAPI and American Muslim Communities
- How to Talk to your Child/Student about Bullying
- Bullying Prevention Resources
- Social Media and Bullying
- Problem Solving and Youth Leadership Skills
- Filing a Harassment/Bullying Claim with the Federal Government
For more information about bullying, Click Here.