Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, the institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is holding a one-day conference for the health community by examining the connections with food, farm and health policies. Learn how food and and farm policy issues relate to unhealthy food consumption, food justice and the role of health professionals who help to improve Minnesotans’ health through effective policy change.What: State of the Plate: Minnesota Healthy Food Futures When: Thursday, January 5th, 2012 Where: Earle Brown Heritage Center, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Click here for more information and to register.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr Kelly Brownell, Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity
- Annie Haddix, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- LaDonna Redmond, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Hil Xyooj, Farmers’ Legal Action Group Inc.
- Monty Fox, White Earth Reservation
- Dr. David Wallinga, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- And many more