Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies
Notice: deadline is Jan 6, 2012!
The Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) is currently accepting applicants for its 2012 Summer Internship Program in Washington, DC.
The APAICS Summer Internship Program provides select undergraduate students the opportunity to experience American politics and public policy. During the eight-week program, APAICS Summer Interns are placed in the U.S. Congress, federal agencies, or partner Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) non-profit organizations. APAICS Interns have the opportunity to engage in leadership and relationship-building events to foster a strong interest in public service.
To apply for the 2012 APAICS Summer Internship Program, please fill out the 2012 APAICS Internship Program Application here: http://bit.ly/APAICSSummerInternshipApplication2012.
For additional information, please contact our Program Director, Laila Mohib at Internship@apaics.org or 202-296-9200.
White House Internships and Fellows Program Deadlines
Do you know someone who would be a strong candidate for the White House Internship Program for the summer? Please encourage them to read more about the program and apply by January 22, 2012.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Hmong National Development Job/Internship Opportunities:
- Washington, DC – Policy Advocate – Part-time, Contract position
- View details HERE
- St. Paul, MN – Research Intern, Part-time – HND/Hmong American Partnership collaboration
- View details HERE
JACL John Moy & Southwest Airlines Congressional Internship
The Japanese American Citizens League (JACL) is now accepting applications for the John Moy & Southwest Airlines Congressional Internship program. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for two eight-week, paid internships beginning in winter and spring 2012. Preference will be given to rising undergraduate juniors and seniors and recent graduates.
Duties and responsibilities will be outlined by the congressional member’s office in which the intern is placed. Placement offices have yet to be determined. Congressional interns will have a unique opportunity to experience the policymaking process and gain exposure to Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) issues.
This internship program is made possible by a generous donation from John Moy, longtime supporter and member of the JACL, and roundtrip tickets provided by the JACL’s official airline, Southwest Airlines.
MN State Legislature and Congressional Office opportunities
- Senate College Internship Program
- House College Internship Program
- MN Legislature internship and job postings
- Congressman Tim Walz
- Congressman John Kline
- Congressman Erik Paulsen
- Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Senator Al Franken
- Congresswoman Betty McCollum
- Congressman Keith Ellison
- Congresswoman Michele Bachmann
- Congressman Chip Cravaack
More Job, Internship & Volunteer Announcements
- AmeriCorps-Admission Possible
- Housing & Residential Life -Community Advisor
- Job and Internship Fair
- Breakthrough Saint Paul
- Moore Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program
- History Museum Fellows program
- Policy Advocate at Hmong National Development, Inc.
- HS-STEM Summer Internship Program
- Federal Internship/Fellowship Opportunities for 2012
- OCA Internship (OCA is focused on advancing the social, political, and economic well-being of Asian Pacific Americans.)
- Leadership in Action Internship – Leadership in Action (LIA) is an eight-week paid summer internship program designed to develop emerging young leaders by providing college students with practical leadership skills and the opportunity to work hands-on in the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community in Southern California.
- APIA VOTE
- Southeast Asian Resource Action Center
Another site listing opportunities for students is here: http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/apilegcaucus/resources_students.htm