AMERICAN RED CROSS –NORTHERN MINNESOTA REGION
Department: Emergency Services
Reports to: Preparedness Manager
Employment Status: Part Time
The Preparedness Coordinator is responsible for the provision of a comprehensive program to train community members throughout the region how to prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies, with a focus in the Hmong community. The Preparedness Coordinator is responsible for representing the region and regional operations to various constituent internal and external groups. The Preparedness Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and resources to other projects and services as assigned.
Key Job Functions:
• Coordinates prevention and preparedness efforts, including the development and implementation of regularly scheduled training sessions designed to reach diverse audiences and targeting the Hmong community.
• Develops and maintains strong working relationships within the preparedness and Hmong communities.
• Delivers educational preparedness presentations in English and in Hmong.
• Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of systems and program activities.
• Works closely and cooperatively with staff and volunteers throughout the region, state, and nation.
• Ensures the maintenance of accurate and complete records.
• Serves as a liaison to American Red Cross National Headquarters on preparedness issues.
Job Specifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree or significant college-level coursework in a related field.
• Bilingual skills required (Hmong and English). Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in both languages.
• Ability to act as a Red Cross Representative and work with diverse populations.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated competencies in the provision of a variety of direct client services.
• Tact, maturity, and flexibility.
• Ability to work well under stress and adverse conditions.
• Ability to work effectively with both volunteer and paid staff and with diverse populations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.redcrossmn.org/aboutus/careers.