The Center for Victims of Torture is seeking Tigrenya, Karen, Cambodian/Khmer, and Mandingo interpreters to provide interpretation services to international clients who are receiving therapy, social, and medical services. Interpretation is typically in a face-to-face setting, but there may be periodic need for phone interpretation or document translation. Interpretation services are provided on a part-time, as-needed basis in St. Paul. Hours vary, but typically interpreters will work between 2 to 6 hours per week. Hourly rate is $20-$25 per hour.
- Applicant must possess excellent interpreting skills.
- Fluency in target language and English.
- Must be registered on the MN Department of Health Interpreter Registry
- Interpreting experience in the medical, mental health, or social services areas preferred.
- Experience working in a confidential environment.
- Interested in the advancement of human rights.
- Must be able to work flexible hours between the hours of 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
For more information and to apply: http://cvt.simplicant.com/