PLEASE JOIN Asian Economic Development Association (AEDA), Lao Assistance Center & other partnering organizations (see list below) in a County Commissioner Candidates Meet & Greet next Thursday, August 2, from 5:30-7:00pm at the Minneapolis Urban League (2100 Plymouth Ave N). RSVP to Nancy Pomplun at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-222-7798.
**CANDIDATE MEET & GREET – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)**
What can be expected at the Candidate Meet & Greet?
- Candidate answers to the attached questionnaire will be shared with attendees
- Candidates will be be present to answer any questions related to the questionnaire or other questions attendees have
Why is this important?
- Elections are always focused on the November general election, but the name on the Nov ballot is determined in the Primary Election, which will take place August 14, in Minnesota.
- There are 9 candidates for the County Commissioner seat, and only the top candidates from the Primary Election will be on the Nov ballot, so this is our opportunity to ensure the best candidate makes it to the Nov ballot
Can my nonprofit promote this?
- A candidate meet & greet is considered voter education, as long as all candidates have been invited. MN Secretary of State Mark Ritchie believes voter education is an essential role of nonprofits.
What area does County District 2 include?
- Most of North Minneapolis and suburbs west of North Minneapolis. http://www.hennepin.us/portal/site/HennepinUS/menuitem.b1ab75471750e40fa01dfb47ccf06498/?vgnextoid=706f62a982a84210VgnVCM10000049114689RCRD
Who are the partnering organizations for this event?
- Alliance for Metropolitan Stability
- Asian Economic Development Association
- Harrison Neighborhood Association
- Jewish Community Action
- Lao Assistant Center
- Minneapolis Urban League
- Northside Community Reinvestment Coalition
- Northside Residents Redevelopment Council
- Redeemer Center for Life
- The Neighborhood HUB
- Torch Light
- Transit for Livable Communities
- West Broadway Business & Area Coalition
Who are the candidates?
|LESLIE DAVIS (Mr.)||Nonpartisan||www.lesliedavisforcommissioner.org|