The Asian Pacific Youth Council (APYC) as a leadership program of the Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans, a state agency created by the legislature. The mission of the APYC is to be the voice of their generation. They want to take courage and speak for and work on the issues that are impacting their peers and friends.
APYC program goals are
- Develop youths’ understands of themselves and their cultures
- Build awareness of leadership skills through meaningful engagement
- Encourage reflective thinking
- Form appreciation for collaborative efforts with others
APYC program activities and components
- Leadership sessions
- “Building your background in the arts” sessions
- Youth Conference at the State Capitol
- Youth Resource Fair
Who can join APYC?
Youth ages 14-18 living in Minnesota and are willing to make a year commitment. The first meeting is scheduled on Septmeber 23rd and all other meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month from October to late April. There are some events scheduled on Saturday.
How much does it cost to participate?
The program is free to the participants. Members join after their application is approved.
To apply to APYC, please fill out 2012-2013 APYC Application and return to the Council on Asian Pacific Minnesotans, attention to Sandy Kwan at 658 Cedar Street, Suite 160, St. Paul, MN 55155 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org