Council on Asian Pacific Minnesotans
CAPM Internship 2013 application
The Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans (CAPM) was created by the Minnesota State Legislature in 1985 pursuant to Minnesota Statute 3.9226, subdivision 1, to fulfill three primary objectives: to advise the governor and members of the legislature on issues pertaining to Asian Pacific Minnesotans; to advocate on issues of importance to the Asian Pacific community; and to act as a broker between the Asian Pacific community and mainstream society.
CAPM internship program provides opportunities for undergraduate college students during the academic year. The internship position opportunities are project based and upon completion interns will have gained; experience in foster their ideas and develop skills to discuss and act on critical issues.
Day at the Capitol
Asian Pacific Youth Council
Social Media and Web Development
- Assist in planning and coordination of events such as advocacy/community building events.
- Create and maintain database of governmental departments and community organizations.
- Research, write and edit materials regarding policy matters, community events, current news and happenings.
- Assist in strategizing community outreach and communication with the community by utilize social media tools; blog, twitter feed, newsletter or with other forms of media.
- Attend hearings and coalition meetings as needed, and provide timely, detailed reports.
- Assist in the development of and maintaining the website.
- Collect data to inform our policy positions and recommendations to the Minnesota legislature in the areas of health or education.
- Office work and marketing and promotional work.
- Provide support to our policy work and the goals of the Council.
INTERNSHIP APPLICATION CHECKLIST
1. Please send in CAPM Internship 2013 application (2 pages)
2. In addition, please submit:
a. a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this internship (1 page max);
b. a resume (1 page max); and
c. a brief writing or design sample (if appropriate for your internship area);
3. Return form to:
Sandy Kwan firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about this application or internship opportunities?
Contact Sandy Kwan, (651) 757-1743
To learn more information about CAPM, visit http://www.capm.state.mn.us