Celebrate the 2013 Lao New Year with an essay contest. The Minnesota Twin Cities Lao New Year and Naiku invite Minnesotan students of Lao descent to submit an original written essay capturing the essence of “what the Lao New Year means to you.”
The contest has two divisions:
1. Kindergarten to 7th grade and
2. 8th to 12 grade.
A $100 prize will be awarded to each division winner. The overall winner will read their essay at the April 13, Lao New Year cultural show.
• All entries require an essay sent via email (students may use their parent’s or an adult’s email).
• Emails must include name, address, phone number, e-mail addresses, grade and school.
• Written essays are to be forwarded to email@example.com
• Contest open to Minnesotan students of Lao descent.
• Essay entries should be double spaced with 12 point font and up to 1000 words.
• Application deadline is Friday April 5, 2013.