The Council on Asian-Pacific Minnesotans (‘Council’ or ‘CAPM’) was created by the Minnesota State Legislature in 1985 pursuant to Minn. Stat. 3.9226 to fulfill the following primary objectives:
- advise the governor and state legislators on issues pertaining to Asian Pacific people;
- ensure Asian Pacific Minnesotans are more incorporated and engaged in the governmental and policymaking process;
- see that residents of Asian Pacific descent have sufficient access to state government services;
- promote the talents and resources of Asian Pacific people where appropriate;
- and act as a broker between the Asian Pacific community in Minnesota and mainstream society.
Our website is located at http://www.capm.state.mn.us/
This blog was created to provide the general public and members of Minnesotan political landscape information on CAPM’s work, news, and actions.